Sunday, February 10, 2008

Barf.

So, I really like my new ward this semester. They are all really close, but still really welcoming to new people. That being said, there are still some things that make me want to vomit in the way that only LDS Singles Wards can. There's too many to just casually list here, so I'll just share my recent favorite. It's an email that all of the girls recieved earlier this week regarding the Lesson that will be taught today in Relief Society:

Hi everyone!

This is just a reminder to read the lesson before church on Sunday. We will be discussing chapter 2 from the Joseph Smith manual. To those of you who think reading the manual before the lesson is optional, I invite you to think of how it will look in the Book of Life that you skipped out reading the only chapter of the next two years entitled "God the Eternal Father".

Happy reading.

-Your friendly rs teacher,
Melissa Moorhead

"If men do not comprehend the character of God, they do not comprehend
themselves."
-Joseph Smith
(manual page 40)


I hope everyone read. I'd hate to have someone go to Hell all on account of they didn't read a chapter in the manual... luckily I have my "friendly rs teacher" to keep me on the right path... Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Lisa Pinegar Nelson said...

Brooke! Please send this to your RS PRES or Bishop. This was out of line and I don't think this girl even realizes how sanctimonious and pious it sounded. Can't happen again. BUT, you better have READ IT!!!

Lisa Pinegar Nelson said...

Hey - by the way - where are your comments about Mitt? Thought you mentioned you had some.