Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quick China Wrap-Up

So, I did some pretty fun things right at the end of my trip this time. I went to a place called Sanya which is like the Chinese Hawaii. I also went to Hong Kong Disneyland! Then I said goodbye to my friends and kids and hopped on a plane headed for America. It was hard to leave, but good to get home.

Here I am at Monkey Island... with a monkey on my head.


Parasailing!


Hong Kong Disneyland!


Look at that mullet! ... and the woman next to the mullet picking her nose.


The last time the 6 of us were all together was in Taiwan.


This is prominently displayed at the front of the school. In case you can't tell, it's my picture with a very authentic Chinese-written paragraph "by me"...



The local kids caught up with me as I was leaving for Hong Kong to say goodbye to me. Hebe (tall one in the pink) took the keychain off of her key ring and gave it to me as a parting gift. Such sweethearts!


Saying bye to Gong Laoshi (my Taiji master) was probably the hardest goodbye for me... except for my Little Lucas.


Bam!


Little Lucas picking a song off my song chart.


Closing preformance for the parents. Our kids did an AMAZING job.


Nigel, Lucas and Me. One of my favorite pictures!

1 comment:

Lisa Pinegar Nelson said...

I just looked at all this again and - Brooke - I just love you so much!! I'm so proud of you...you're so beautiful and so fun and adventuresome and full of life and love to give and whenever you laugh it's such a delight - the ultimate reward and compliment to all things truly funny. Not to mention it's so completely infectious. When I see these pics I swear I can hear you laughing! I'm beginning to sound like an infatuated boyfriend!! But, I'm just a very proud mother who can't wait for the next chapter of your life while at the same time never wanting you to grow up!! Much much love -- Mommy