Friday, May 22, 2009

I Hate Myself

Let me start this out by saying that I DO NOT recommend the show "Gossip Girl". The acting is awful. The story-lines are gross/unbelievable. And the writing is atrocious. I have roommates who watch it and I always make fun of them for it. The other day Kubo and Cami started watching an episode while I had a bunch of stuff spread out on my lap so I figured I'd stay in there but just not pay attention... which ended up being harder than I thought because a line or an actress or something would be so outrageous that I'd end up laughing and asking who the person was or why he or she was doing what she was doing, etc. And, after watching my first episode, I was absolutely right: it sucks. So this week was the season finale and I didn't plan on watching that either except for I saw this incredibly hot guy (Chase Crawford) and so I wanted to just watch the scene he was in and then leave... an hour later I was grabbing my face and yelling at Chuck Bass to tell Blair that he loves her. And when he did, I got chills. I know, I know. I hate me, too. But, as much as I hate to admit it, I am officially... I can't believe I'm saying this... a "Gossip Girl" groupie. And to make it worse, I'm in love. Of course I couldn't fall in love with the breathtakingly handsome and outrageously sweet Nate Archibald (Chase Crawford) or the hard-working and stunningly cute Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley). Oh, no. I had to fall in love with the sleazy, sometimes amphibian-looking bad guy of the show, Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). But I dare you to watch two episodes of him and not have at least a part of you wishing he would look in your direction and say something smarmy-but-at-the-same-time-sexy. Anyway, I thought I should be honest about all this and I guess it does feel a little good to get it off my chest. Still, to make up for this shameful post, I'm including pictures of the new men in my life, because even if the show is ugly, these guys are gorgeous.
First up: Penn Badgley

Second is his adorable "father" on the show: Matthew Settle
Third is the man who got me hooked: Chase Crawford
And last but BEST: Ed Westwick
...or as I love to love him: Chuck Bass

1 comment:

Paige Nelson said...

Gross. I've always thought that he is one of THE ugliest people in Hollywood...worse than Macully Culcen. (I don't know how to spell his name... but I don't care.) But I must say, Chase Crawford is truely gorgeous. One Tree Hill is so much better.