Friday, December 24, 2010

Twelfth Day of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas I'm truly grateful for:

Twelve "Pad" friends.

When you live away from home, your friends become your family. Since I've been up at BYU I've had many friends that have shaped me and supported me.  This past year in particular, I've had twelve friends who have been my best friends. I honestly think of these people as my sisters-and-brothers-from-other-mothers. They've been there for me to pull me out of bed feed me when I've been sick.  They've been there to cry with me when I've needed to cry.  They've been there to pull all-nighters in goofy costumes because of a midnight movie premier.  They've thrown Halloween parties with me. They've gone on road trips with me. They've started a book club with me whether or not they like reading. They've laughed with me. They've forgiven my many weaknesses.  They've come out to my amateur theatre productions.They've endured my poking and prodding sense of humor. They've encouraged me to be a good person. 

I miss them when I'm away from them. 


Boise Boys

Camping

Cinco de Mayo

Demolition Derby

"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" (I'm the hippo)

LOST Finale

Nighties

Polygamists

Dropping Whitney off at the MTC


I love them.


Here they are in no particular order:

Cami Butler

Carly Whetten (middle)

Christian Pieper

Emily Lloyd

Lauren Pieper

Kiera George

Kubo Kuboshige


Sarah Holt (pink shirt)

Shelene Webb (far left)

Whitney Morris (far left)

Shannon Merrell (red)

Michael Brandley

SO, on this Twelfth day of Christmas, I'm truly grateful for:

Twelve "Pad" Friends,


Eleven People Who've Inspired Me to Write,


Ten Sister Missionary Examples,


Nine Months in China and Nine Chinese Friends,


Eight Aunts, Eight Uncles, their Kids and  their Kids' Kids,


Seven Pets, Past and Present,


Six Grandparents,




Five Nieces and Nephews,



Four Middle School Friends, Four High School Friends and Four China Friends,


Three Brothers, Three Sisters and Three Siblings-in-Law,


Two Loving Parents


&

One Promised King. Savior of the World.




I'm the luckiest girl in the world.


No comments: