Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bucket List



"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
~Abraham Lincoln

I've done a lot of living in my 23 years, but I have even more to do in the next 23 (or so). Realizing this, I made a bucket list back in October. I recently ran across someone else's bucket list and he had looked online for the top things that people should do before they die. So I decided to take some of his and mix it with the one I already had to create a respectably full (long) list. I was pretty proud to discover that I've already checked off quite a few of the items. While the list is pretty lengthy, I want to post it so that I can have some sort of accountability with it. If you don't want to read through the whole thing, I don't blame you. First is my Bucket List and second is my Checked Off List. If you do read the whole thing, help me remember anything that I might need to add. Thanks!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot: I'm checking off one of my items tomorrow! I'm going to an opera! I can't wait. Seriously, I'm so excited. I've been wanting to go to one for about five years now and I finally am. I'll be seeing Carmen at the Capitol Theatre. I think I might wet myself.

Brooke's Bucket List:
  • Attend a Black Tie Event in NYC
  • Attend the Olympics
  • Attend an Opera
  • Be a Lead in a Musical
  • Be in a Protest
  • Become Fluent in a Second Language
  • Cook a Thanksgiving Dinner
  • Drive From One Coast of the US to the Other
  • Experience Weightlessness
  • Explore the Louvre
  • Fly in a Helicopter
  • Fly on the Trapeze
  • Get Paid to Pull Someone’s Tooth
  • Get a Motorcycle License
  • Go to Disneyworld
  • Go to Europe (Italy& Scotland at Highest Priority)
  • Go Fishing and Catch a Fish
  • Go to a Gay Bar
  • Go Hang Gliding
  • Go to Harry Potter World
  • Go to a Monster Truck Rally
  • Go Sailing
  • Go Sky Diving
  • Go Snowmobiling
  • Go Whitewater Rafting
  • Have a Pet Snake
  • Have a Pet Sugar Glider
  • Have a Porch Swing
  • Jump Off a High-Dive
  • Learn the Guitar
  • Live above the Magic Shop on Mainstreet in Disneyland
  • Look at the Stars Through a Telescope
  • Meditate with Monks
  • Perform Stand-Up
  • Perform on the Street for Money
  • Punch Someone in the Face
  • Ride an Elephant
  • Ride a Mechanical Bull
  • Ride a Unicycle
  • Run a Marathon
  • See Mt. Rushmore
  • See the Northern Lights
  • See the Pyramids
  • See the Taj Mahal
  • See Wayne Newton in Vegas
  • Sew Myself an Article of Clothing
  • Sleep in a Hammock for an Extended Period
  • Swim with Dolphins
  • Visit All 50 States
  • Visit Graceland
  • Visit the Holy Land
  • Watch a Rocket Blast Off
  • Write a Book
  • Write My Grandfather’s Biography
  • Write a Screenplay
  • Write a Song
Brooke's Checked-Off List:

  • Attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
  • Be the Lead in a Play
  • Be Put Under for Surgery
  • Break a Bone
  • Climb a Mountain
  • Eat Alligator
  • Eat Caviar
  • Eat Dog
  • Eat Escargot
  • Eat Frog
  • Eat Rocky Mountain Oysters
  • Eat Snake
  • Eat Sushi
  • Eat Turtle
  • Float a River
  • Fly in a Private Plane
  • Go Bungee Jumping
  • Go on a Cruise
  • Go to a Demolition Derby
  • Go to Disneyland
  • Go Four-Wheeling
  • Go Horseback Riding
  • Go Kayaking
  • Go Off-Roading
  • Go Parasailing
  • Go Scuba Diving
  • Go Skiing
  • Go Skinny Dipping
  • Go Snorkeling
  • Go Snowboarding
  • Go Surfing
  • Go Waterskiing
  • Hike the Great Wall of China
  • Kiss Under a Mistletoe
  • Learn to Juggle
  • Live in a Foreign Country
  • Master Chopsticks
  • Participate in a Motorcycle Rally
  • Ride a Bus
  • Ride a Camel
  • Ride a Hot Air Balloon
  • Ride a Motorcycle
  • Ride a San Francisco Cable Car
  • Ride on a Subway
  • Ride in a Taxi
  • Ride a Train
  • Ride a Zip-Line (This Particular Time was Off of the Great Wall)
  • Sing Karaoke
  • Swim in the Ocean
  • Swim with Sea-Turtles
  • Try Water Sports
  • Use Crutches Out of Necessity
  • Visit the Grand Canyon
  • Visit Niagra Falls
  • Visit the Sacred Grove
  • Visit the Statue of Liberty (I'm not in this one, but I took the picture.)
  • Watch My Meal Be Slaughtered
  • Witness a Birth
  • Write a Play that is Produced



No comments: