Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pihrjjj.

I never knew how lucky I was until I would talk to my friends about their siblings. Some siblings don't get along or didn't like each other or can't even stand each other. Isn't that depressing? I've never been able to comprehend that. Our parents have always told us: "You can have friends, but your siblings are your BEST friends." And all seven of us Nelson kids really are best friends, even with the 20-year age range from Joel to Nina. I'm completely blessed when it comes to who I get to spend forever with.

My sibling closest in age to me (three years younger) is Paige. We're complete opposites; but we love each other a lot.

My niece, Lily,
says my sister's name in the funniest way. She says, "Pihrjjj". Dang it. It's hard to write out how she says it. She gets this low voice that's kind of froggy-throat-ish and sticks out her lower jaw as she says it. I wish I had it recorded for you. It's hilarious. Anyways, Pihrjjj recently moved up to Provo, and I've already had my best semester of college because of her. I'm so grateful that I have her here with me and that I get to experience life away from home in a less-lonely way.
I look up to Paige in a lot of ways. She's organized and on top of things. She can make me laugh harder than practically anyone I know. She has the most tender heart, which makes her very approachable. I know moving up to Provo was the toughest choice she's made in her life, so far. But, from the bottom of my heart, I'm grateful that she did.
I love you, Pihrjjj!
Isn't she GORGEOUS?


PS- HAYLEY, Sis and I can't wait for you to get up here, too! SFL!

2 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

I loved this post! It's so true - siblings are your best friends. I've always been jealous of my three little sisters being so close in age together, but I love that we are close too - even with the age gap!

Paige Nelson said...

This is really sweet Brooke. Thanks. I'm glad we're all best friends too. Oh and I'm pretty sure we both know that I wouldn't be able to tough out this Provo mess if it wasn't for you. I love you sis.